Thursday, February 23, 2012

I did it, again!

Yes! I got some great deals again! During the past week, I have shopped at Harris Teeter, Food Lion, and Target. Sorry, no pictures this time, but I'll share my savings. The best deals are the ones you get for FREE. By free, I mean, no purchase necessary. I received 3 Catalinas from Food Lion. Catalinas are the coupons that print out at the register when you check out. Most of the stores are doing this now. Make sure you look at them, don't throw them away.

3 Pack of papertowels: Free via Catalina
1 head of lettuce: Free via Catalina
1 dozen eggs: Free via Catalina
UP2U Gum (single pack): Free
Comstock cherry pie filling: $0.49
2 bunches fresh broccoli: $1.68 ($0.85 each) No coupon b1g1 free
UP2U Gum (mulit pack): $1.00
Heluva Good dip: $1.09
Dole fruit snacks: $1.19
Archway cookies: $1.40
Pepperidge Farm Crackers: $1.49
WhoNU Cookies: $1.49
Post Raisin Bran cereal: $1.85
2 Kraft Dressings: $2.38 ($1.19 each)
Bayer Aspirin: $2.00

These are just a few items from this week. I saved $51.46 just this week. So basically, I'm saving around 50% to 60% of our grocery bill each week. Not bad, huh?!

One other tidbit I would like to point out. There are a few stores out there that will give a refund ($0.05) for using your own bags. Target and Lowes Foods are the ones I know of for sure. If you are not using your own bags, I may be able to change your mind. Here we go... Using the scenario of 5 bags shopping each week.

5 bags @ $0.05 per bag is $0.25
$0.25 per week times 52 weeks per year is $13.00

Yes, it's only $13, but it's savings and I'll take it!

Have fun saving!

No comments: